I’m Kristie Brigandi. I’m a writer, painter, photographer, film maker, performing artist, media critic, activist and most importantly a thinker. I’m interested in media and society, focusing mostly on sexuality, gender, relationships, identity, politics and satire.
- New Yorker. Grew up in syracuse and moved to Brooklyn in 2009 and moved back to syracuse 2014.
- Dance class from age 2 to 16.
- Music lessons: Piano for 6 years & Guitar for 2 years
- Wrote a zine, Marvelous Things for 4 years. Sadly, only 16 issues.
- Food Not Bombs, Syracuse 2005 to 2008
- Onondaga Community College Drama club 2009
- Occupy Wall Street 2011. worked in kitchen, library, comfort and media
- Freelance journalist 2010 to present
- Brooklyn College Newspaper, The Excelsior 2010 to 2012
- Trained in pro tools, Adobe photoshop and final cut ( versions 5, 7, 10)
- A.A. in Humanities from Onondaga Community College, focus on English (literature & writing) and Art (history and photography).
- Best short film nomination in faculty selects fest at Brooklyn college 2013
- BA in TV& Radio with minor in sociology from Brooklyn College.