Get money out of politics by getting NYS to vote yes on s 65-59, which would get Congress to pass an amendment to over turn Citizen’s United.
In another state? You need to write to your representatives because an amendment needs 38 states to be approved. Vermont is the first state to do so, and we need 37 more. Find out who they are and ask them to proposal a bill to get money out of politics. If you need help or more information go to www.wolf-pac.com
For New York State:
Please send a hand written letter of support to the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman John Bonacic urging him to vote YES on S 65-59 and make sure it gets a hearing! Tell him you want New York to be a leader in the fight to restore Free and Fair Elections in America.
Letter of Support Instructions
Senator John Bonacic
188 State St. Room 509 Legislative Office Building
Albany, NY 12247
Read S 65-59
- State clearly that you, as a citizen of New York, would like him to vote yes on S 65-59 and make sure it gets a hearing.
- Address it to the attention of: Senator John Bonacic
- Feel free to share your personal story of how money in politics affects your life. It does not have to be loaded with facts and statistics. The most heartfelt letters are sometimes the best.
- If you would like some inspiration, you can refer to our Talking Points page, but do try to paraphrase the ideas so that every letter is individualized.*
- Writing it by hand is preferred, but if you can’t then typed is okay too.
- Include your name, address, phone number.
*If you aren’t sure of what to write, a letter that only says “Please vote yes on S 65-59 is SO MUCH better than nothing.